You, dear Shop Tart reader, have a chance to be part of Columbia’s very first Dinner in White, presented by 116 Espresso and Wine Bar at a secret location.
What does it all mean? Well, from 116:
Based on the incredible “Dîner en Blanc” dinner series that is sweeping major cities around the globe, 116 Espresso and Wine Bar is excited to present our own “Dinner in White” Pop-up Picnic Series. This kick-off event, which will support a local Columbia Arts group, is designed to be a fun and fantastic way to meet new people, celebrate the arts, enjoy gourmet food and wine, and be part of a spectacle!
Here’s the set-up:
1) We will keep the location of the event a secret…as long as possible and if you have purchased your tickets from eventbrite, you will receive an email on the day of the event with the exact location!
2) 116 will provide a gourmet French “picnic” themed meal featuring local ingredients, great wine, and live entertainment. We will arrive early and have tables dressed with linens and white chairs. We will be serving three courses family or “picnic” style to each table and we encourage you to meet, great, and eat with your new friends!
3) You are responsible — that’s right you have work to do too — for bringing your own dishes, silverware, glasses, and of course yourselves, decked out in your finest white attire. (Yes we know about the rules with white and Labor Day and we are doing it anyway. We like to make a scene!) We’d suggest partnering with some friends and making a game out of it….you bring china…they bring glasses…etc…and get creative! Our staff will come through at the end of the night to wash all of your items for you before you leave.
4) There are more surprises planned throughout the night and we will tease hints as the event approaches.
5) $40 of each ticket will be donated to a the Columbia Museum of Art!
And the menu? Y’all. You are going to die. New York and Paris ain’t got nothing on us! The Shop Tart could probably dine on the first bite alone: canape of smoked salmon mousse with caper and onion. And the wine pairings sound divine. The canape will be served with Sominet Blanc de Blancs Brut from France.
The first course consists of croque monsieur, oysters on the half shell with mignonette and pâté au poivre noir. The wine? Mont Gravet Côtes de Gascogne BL.
Still hungry? The next course includes a duo of Wil-Moore Farms chicken, herbes de Provence marinated fried chicken leg (how’s that for fusion cooking?) and smoked chicken thigh stuffed with chicken liver mousse. Sides include Julia Child’s French potato salad, butternut squash and goat cheese galette, haricots verts and shallot salad and a lovely Autard Côtes du Rhône.
And that’s not all! You’ll finish the meal in the loveliest way possible, with a board filled with local cheese served with Heather’s Artisan Baguette.
And you, Shop Tart readers, get a gracious discount on all this fabulousness! Head over to the eventbrite page, place your order, and enter the code shoptart to get 20 percent off. You’ll pay $80 instead of $100.
In addition to the discount, the Shop Tart has one single ticket to give to one lucky reader. Enter to win by leaving a comment below — about anything whatsoever. A winner will be chosen Friday morning. Ready, set, go!
116′s Dinner in White promises to be an incredible evening, filled with entertainment, good company, good wine and crazy delicious food. Call it a cliche, but this will be an evening to remember! Don’t miss it, or you’ll feel like this…
In today’s post…
- Columbia’s First “Dinner in White” Pop-Up Picnic by 116 Espresso and Wine Bar, Sunday, September 29th, 7 pm until 10 pm, at an undisclosed, fabulous location!
Bon appétit and don’t forget to tell them you read it on the Shop Tart!